What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sleepless in Durham

Zoe’s two days old today and she continues to boycott sleep.  I forgot how much time you have at ungodly hours of the night when they’re not sleeping.  I’ve had lots of time to pray for folks—if you’re family, friends, a UNC or VCU student, chances are I’ve been praying for you at some point the last couple of nights between 2 and 6 a.m.  I’m considering moving to the only slightly less spiritual option of starting the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, extended edition of course.  If I’m gonna’ have all this time on my hands, I might as well redeem it.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Macon said...

Do you do Netflix? I think now would be a good time to do so.

I was blessed to have a mother-in-law who, while staying with us during Aidan's first few weeks, ordered and paid for the full-spectrum cable. (Previously we'd just had the rock bottom basic level.) This provided hours of I-can't-believe-I'm-awake-at-this-hour entertainment.

Marshall said...

Alex, congratulations on Zoe! That is awesome. Also, congratulations on being the first time I've heard about a friend's child being born via a blog! (That might come out kind if snippy in print, but believe me, there is no snip in these typing fingers - I am just noting the technological advances of the world!). Hang in there - it will be much easier in about 2-3 years! Love to Kelly and Davis!