What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I think Mack Brown still wishes he were a Tar Heel

But congrats anyway to our former coach and his Texas team for their huge win last night (I stayed up way too late watching it) against USC.

As my brother pointed out, it's really shocking that in all these interviews, no one's asked him if he thinks he made the right decision to leave UNC's football program to take over at Texas. When I was a student I would walk by the football stadium every day on my way to class, and Mack Brown's Carolina blue Subaru Legacy with liscence plates reading "Coach Mack" was often parked just by the sidewalk. Sometimes I'd touch it, just in case something like last night happened.

Me and Mack, we're tight.

2 comments:

Scott said...

if he thinks he made the right decision to leave UNC's football program

Come-on. Does anyone really think that UNC football would ever make it to the Rose Bowl?

I think Mack is happy right now.

UNC sticks to what it does really well: Basketball

Jason Murray said...

i have to agree that Vince Young was particularly amazing on Wednesday night! it wasn't the best football game ever played . . . sloppy at times on both the Texas and USC sides, but boy did Young shine. And did anyone catch Leinart's comment at the end of the game that he still though USC was the better team . . . maybe he should check the film. Anyways, too bad the football season is ending . . .