What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Proudly Introducing...

On Friday, January 6, 2006 at 1:14 p.m. my beautiful bride gave birth to Zoe Alexandra Kirk. She weighed in at 7 pounds, 3 ounces and was 20 inches long.

Mom and baby are doing well and Davis is very interested in his new little sister. They say that girls develop faster than boys, and Zoe's already living up to the hype by being a champion nurser, putting her about four months ahead of big brother. However, she did find sleep on her first night to be completely optional, so her parents did as well!

Zoe comes from the Greek word meaning "life." In the Scriptures it most often means eternal life. Our prayer is that Zoe will know the life Christ offers and be an agent of that life. Alexandra is from my Opa, Alex Hegenbart (my mom's dad), who I'm also named after.

Thanks for celebrating with us this gift of God to us!

5 comments:

TheDudeAbides said...

Congrats Alex and Kelly, I'm tremendously happy for you both! Glad to hear that Mom and baby are both OK. And glad to hear of the Lord's faithfulness! Like Willis, hope to see the four of you soon!

Jason Murray said...

Congrats, Alex and family! It's a blessing to me to see the ways the Lord continues to bless you and your family! Morgan and I are very excited for you guys! Much love to all of you!

Sean Meade said...

yes, congratulations. every dad should have a daughter to love. i told my first grader the other day that, if i was in first grade and unrelated to her, i'd be in love with her :-)

Kellsey said...

Alex, what a joy it is to see your lovely little girl. Thanks for sharing the picture.

I have always loved the name Zoe, precisely because of the greek meaning--So rich and full.

I, too, pray that she will wake up to eternal life in her heavenly Father.

Macon said...

Yes, but what can she articulate about matters of faith?

Congratulations!!!!!

Are you calling her, "ZOH-ee," (Standard English pronunciation) or "zoh-AY" (Greek pronunciation)?