What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Tonights "Championship" Game

I look forward to the day, many years from now, when we look back on college football as we now know it with a rueful grin: "Can you believe how stupid the system was back then?" I cannot wait until we get rid of this dumb BCS thing which only makes sense to those who are making a small fortune on it.

Earth to BCS people: college football could possibly eclipse professional football as the passion of the land if you'd just create a reasonable playoff system. Let me put it in your language: you could make a freakishly larger sum of money if you actually implemented such a system.

In the mean time, we've got Florida v. Oklahoma tonight. Not a bad match-up, just that from what I've seen this year Utah and USC and maybe Texas should all be looking ahead to next weekend's matchup along with the winner of tonight's game.

Tim Tebow should have won the Heisman this year. He'll show why tonight. Florida 45, Oklahoma 36.

No comments: