What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Super Bowl Magic Carpet Ride Pick

So last year, the best team in decades came into the SuperBowl heavily favored to win. The New England Patriots were undefeated and rolling.

The New York Giants had played three games on the road as a Wild Card, were underdogs (I believe) in all three and had won all three. They were on a Magic Carpet Ride, and it didn't stop until they lifted the trophy, stunning the Pats who were clearly the better team throughout the season.

Arizona is on the Magic Carpet Ride this year. The Steelers are the better team and on paper they should win. But the pick here is Arizona. And I'd love to see it--I'm a big fan of Kurt Warner.

Please enjoy (responsibly) the Great American Holiday that is the SuperBowl.

No comments: