What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Wise Turks?

I recently read a great quote by Martin Luther about politicians and faith: "I'd rather by ruled by a wise Turk than a foolish Christian."

Of course, given the way things are going around here with the stock market, perhaps the best idea might be to go ahead and move to Turkey.

But then again, I did just have my "proud to be an American" post yesterday, so maybe I'll just stick it out here and see what happens.

Whichever of the two Turks that we choose from will have his hands full: a messy and unpopular war, an economic mess that no one really knows how to fix, and lots of other potentially explosive issues to deal with as well over the next four years (Supreme Court justices, and all the fun abortion/gay marriage stuff that entails).

At least we have Saturday Night Live skewering politicians recreationally to keep us entertained.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

seriously... what would we do without SNL?