What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Captain's Log: Day 4 of Jury Duty

I feel the need to clarify this whole frustration over my wife's jury duty thing, in order that my kids, when they're in counseling later in life and talking about how terrible their parents were, won't cite my blog posts as people's exhibits A, B, C, and D.

I've really enjoyed these past couple of days with my kids. They're in a great season right now, all three of them. We've laughed a lot, played Memory, gone to parks, baked brownies, done errands. It's been great.

My frustration is over not being on campus with just a few weeks left in the semester. That's all.

Meanwhile, as my wife continues to star in Law and Order, the jury duty that we thought was going to be a token day or two looks like it'll stretch into the beginning of next week. Ergo, we've called in the re-inforcements.

Poppy and Grandma and Aunt Kate are coming for the big Halloween weekend-palooza (previously scheduled). And Gram is driving up on Monday after work to spend a couple days with the grandkids...and let me be on campus for at least a little bit next week.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Maybe God's asking you to focus on your kids. :-) Just a thought. Some of us didn't grow up with a dad who was there much--if at all. Hopefully this time has reminded them and you of the blessing that you are to each other.