What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Grab Bag

*I've added some things over the right, if you'll take a look. First, there's a picture of me for those of you who read this thing and have never met me. Hello! Secondly, I finally got around to updating my Blog Roll (my wife's got a fun mommy blog she posts on occasionally) and I've made it easier to over there to get my posts delivered fresh & easy to you!

I've also added the "Blog Follower" gadget. I have no idea what that means, but Esther Linnartz, one of my students, signed up to be one, so I figured I'd put her up there. Jump on the bandwagon! Everyone's doin' it!

*Try as I might, I just can't get into playoff baseball. I really want to want to watch it. I just can't get excited about it. Maybe when the World Series rolls around I'll watch some of that.

*I didn't watch much of the debates last night. But from what I saw, McCain looked like a nearly-beaten man. I think Obama is the best leader between the two and the right choice for now. I just shudder to think about the Supreme Court justices that we'll be saddled with after his term(s) end, given how incredibly far-left his stance on abortion is.

*This weekend I'm getting to give a presentation to a group of really important people in my little fish pond. I've got half an hour to talk about "Christian Students Today." Not just Christian students in the South. All of them. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking of pictures of you and the like, I saw Daniel on campus the other day, and it was the weirdest double-take-ish experience I've had in a while.

I'm used to seeing nerdy white 30-something Kirk people on campus... but this was the wrong one. So, so strange!

Alex said...

nerdy? which Kirk are you calling nerdy?

glad to hear life at fuller is treating you well...and that you're being stalked by nerdy Kirks on both coasts!

Unknown said...

There are definitely distinct styles of nerdiness, one that emphasizes craziness and animation, one that emphasizes... well, nerdy.

Also, I may have already told you, but when I was buying my books I totally saw Good to Great (a text for a class) and was taken back to a hodgepodge of loving/hateful memories of the hedgehog...