What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Zoe

This morning for a treat I made me and the kids some French toast. I use wheat bread as a nod to a healthy breakfast. Davis requested syrup, Zoe requested powdered sugar, which I prefer because it's less mess and it's less sugar.

I served the kids up and was busy fixing my own plate when I looked over to Zoe. She was picking up the small pieces of French toast that I had cut up for her and was licking the powdered sugar off each little piece.

So much for the nod to health.

I think that the Lord designed two year old girls to be good for the male ego. To be regularly out-smarted regularly by a pretty-in-pink sassy little thing really helps to put me back in my place.

3 comments:

Burly said...

I thought for sure your post was going to turn into an extended analogy about proof texting ... oh, well.

Bonnie said...

Too cute !! You can't beat powdered sugar on french toast. Well, actually you can. But only by adding maple syrup as well !!! :)

Anna Willett said...

i am glad there is someone around to put you in your place.