What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Proudly Announcing

Emma Kathleen Kirk was born at 7:47 this morning. "Emma Kate" (we'll call
her by both names) was a healthy 8 pounds 7 ounces and is sweet as she can
be. Mama was a trooper through a fairly quick labor--at the birth center at
5:30, serious labor started a little after 7:00, baby born at 7:47.

We're thrilled, pictures to follow. Thanks for celebrating with us!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Yay!! Welcome to the world, Emma Kate! (It's a beautiful name; well worth keeping secret!) Warmest congratulations to the Kirk family!

Bonnie said...

I just commented on the photos that she looked like she was a good size ! And here I read that she was 8 lb 7 ! That is a good size ! My Jono was 9lb 4 and Alia was 8lb 9 ... two weeks early ! I liked having them "big" ... I never felt like I was going to break them !! ha ha.

Congrats again !! Bon