What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Family of 5(!?!)

Yeah, so a couple days ago I walked into the playroom and looked at all three of my kids and I was like, "where did you people come from? When did all this happen?"

Great first week of Emma Kate's life, thanks in no small part to Nanny and Grampy being here. We've got Poppy and Grandma here now (Kelly's Dad and Stepmom) for the weekend. Next weekend, my parents come up for a visit.

So this coming week between the visits, the family of 5 begins for real. I'll be taking my "paternity leave" next week in order to help with that transition. It's kind of like the patch. Having grandparents around this week for my two oldest kids is like smoking 18 cigarettes a day. Having me around next week is like smoking nine-ish cigarettes a day. And then after that, we go to cold turkey...and we pray!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Congratulations Kirk family! It's amazing how fast your family has grown! We're so happy for you guys. Everyone looks happy and healthy! We can't get over Davis- he's all grown up! We look forward to meeting Emma Kate one day!
Love,
Chip and Lauren

Jessica said...

did you tell your children to put their hands on their knees or did htat just happen naturally?

Alex said...

oh no, jessica, lots of coaching for that one!