What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

FireJohnBunting.com

I'm still in recovery mode from this weekend, but the UNC football team is in much worse shape than I am. After getting drubbed by Clemson 562-4 this past weekend (making us 1-3, with our only win coming against I-AA Furman who still scored over 40 points on us), I think that there's little doubt that this team is headed in the wrong direction.

Three years ago, we were on the verge of blessed redemption. Our perenially also-ran football team was in the running for super-coach Steve Spurrier, and all the buzz was that we were finally going to be a legitimate football contender for the first time since the Mack Brown era back in the mid-90's.

Then John Bunting's team wins two measley games they have no business winning against Miami and N.C. State and the administration suddenly forgets a couple years of angst and frustration and signs Bunting to a ridiculous contract extension.

And so now, we're stuck with him. But my hope (and my guess) is not for long. I'm thinking about launching my first IPO with FireJohnBunting.com, I think it's sure to be a runaway success. Anyone else in?

1 comment:

reba said...

i would be in, but there is already a firebunting.com.