What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dashboard: Books, Ipods, Furniture Shuffles, and World Cup v. Lebron v. MLB

A quick look at the leading life indicators:

*Books I'm reading: "The Epistle of Romans" by Karl Barth and "The First 90 Days" by Michael Watkins

*Current Book with the Kids: one of the 2.5 million "Magic Tree House Books" and "The Jesus Storybook Bible."

*Playing On the Ipod: Andy Stanley's Leadership Podcasts and Tim Keller's "Christ-Centered Preaching" (both free on Itunes, btw)

*Recent major family event: took down the crib for the first and last time ever after six and a half years--Kelly painted and assembled bunk beads, moved the 2-year-old on over. Sigh...

*Project I'm least likely to ever complete: I lost "Lost" about season 3, decided to wait 'til the end and get the reviews from the fans. The fans have spoken. After 6 weeks, I'm at Season 1, Episode 4.

*Recent comment I've been chewing: "Women tend to feel first and do second. Men tend to do first and feel second." Probably tons of exceptions to it, but it describes me recently.

*Recent question I'm pondering in my study of questions Jesus asks in the gospels: "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"

*Sports story I most care about: World Cup bests the Lebron soap-opera by a mile. Does anyone care about baseball before, say, late-September?

*Summer movies that I'd love to see but probably will have to wait until they magically arrive at my local Red Box: "Knight and Day" and "Inception"

No comments: