What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blogging like It's 2029

So Prince is a genius. He releases an album on October 27, 1982 he post-dates the title track: 1999. He makes money the first time around and he makes money 17 years later, when 1999 rolls around.

Ditto George Orwell. He writes a book, post-dates it: 1984. Only one mistake there: he was dead by 1984.

Memo to all aspiring song-writers and authors: if you're going to write something, be sure to post-date it. But make sure it's a reasonable bet that you're still alive by then so that you can cash in on the goods.

I think I'm going to start post-dating all my blog posts from here on out.

No comments: