What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back to Work Day 2: Where's the Bathroom?

Captain's log, day 2 back at work after four month sabbatical hiatus. I'm starting to remember what it is I did in my former life.

The best image for my slightly dis-oriented re-entry came from my student Amanda. It's like being the new kid in the class half-way through the school year--'when do we have lunch? who are these people? where's the bathroom?' I'm trying to find my way around, hoping for people to have pity on me as I ask questions that I feel like I should know the answers to.

Meeting with my co-staff today helped me, they're being very patient with my bouts of re-entry senility. You can pray for them.

And you can pray for me--good grief, I still haven't met with any students yet. Some days I'll go for six hour straight with appointments back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back. I'm too out of shape for that at this point. But it'll come.

Hopefully they'll be willing to help the new kid find the bathroom.

No comments: