What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Tar Heel Dilemma

Okay, so as I'm watching way too much Olympic coverage, there's an uneasy shadow that looms over everything. And not just for me, but for every UNC fan.

Team USA basketball is coached by Coach K, the Dook basketball coach that we affectionately refer to as "rat face" among other things.

So allow me to share how I've come to peace with this. Perhaps this will help other UNC fans out there, or just people with the good sense to know someone who's got serious and deep character issues when they see it.

First, if Team USA basketball wins--huzzah! Go USA! I mean, they've got more talent than should be allowed on any one basketball floor at the same time, much less all on the same team.

Second, if Team USA loses, huzzah! Coach K lays an egg and all Tar Heel fans everywhere can delight in his misery!

It's a win-win! Everyone's a winner at the Olympics.

No comments: