What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Back

Sorry to be gone away from the blogosphere so long, had meetings all last week at the beach and no internet except for a brief trip to a coffee shop where they charged $5/half-hour for internet access. serious.highway.robbery.

My meetings were with other InterVarsity staff in the Eastern Carolinas. It is a tremendous group of insanely gifted people. I've been on many area staff teams over my thirteen(!) years on staff, but this group is as good as I've ever worked with. We have a lot of fun and we work very well together.

During the process of one conversation, someone quoted an author or speaker and it's stuck with me these past several days:

"A Christian is someone who gives all that they know of themselves to all that they know of Jesus."

I think what I like about that is the process-oriented-ness of it that still calls for radical commitment. So many folks that urge patience in the process have a very low view of sin and a very weak call to commitment. I think that this both calls me to commitment but also recognizes that the nature of that commitment will look different, must look different, ten years from now.

Gotta go. Lots of work to prepare as freshmen move in later this week and we gear up for a new school year.

No comments: