What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Who's Got Time to Blog?

In the last two days I've met with exactly twelve students, all one-on-one.


The topics of discussion have included the following: predestination and
freewill, how does prayer work, do all religions lead to God, homosexuality,
the problem of evil (twice), dysfunctional community and unhealthy
relationships, breaking up with a significant other, dealing with family
issues that came up over Thanksgiving, Guatemala or East Africa, Romania or
China, obey God or honor parents, depression, and putting the finishing
touches with my Coordinating Team on plans for next semester which could
quite possibly be the most creative and thoughtful semester of ministry that
I've ever been a part of in my thirteen years on campus.

Good thing the semester wraps up next week. I get a whole lot more done
around here without all these students getting in the way.

3 comments:

ems said...

man.

glad i got out of there when i did...

Alex said...

ems, i'm glad you got out when you did, too. i couldn't handle all of this plus all your issues as well!

Liz Hundley said...

especially when they don't obey you!