What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Pride Goeth Before...

*Okay, so I think that the Virginia Tech Hokies owe me big for bragging on my Heels just before they went up to play in Blacksburgh this weekend. Tough loss for the Heels.

I'm just glad that I don't still live up in Richmond in the wake of the game. Only NC State fans are historically more delusional about the quality of their athletics than Virginia Tech fans. They were completely insufferable during the Michael Vick era. Everyone that I've ever known that has gone to Virginia Tech has come out a rabid and somewhat misguided Tech athletic supporter. Must be that thin mountain air killing brain cells...

*And I'd like to thank my brother for pointing out my poor prognostication skills under Friday's post. Truly, if you'd gone with my picks at Vegas you would have done most poorly. I'm intrigued to see how this weekend is shaping up. All season long the AFC has been easily the better conference, but given how the playoffs have shaped up (with the #1 and #2 seeds falling in the AFC this weekend) I think it's anyone's Superbowl.

*Thanks to those of you who prayed for us this weekend as we went on our leadership retreat. It was great, better than I could have hoped or expected.

I posted a week or so ago that I'd been fighting against anxiety about this retreat and giving more time to prayer. This week I'm giving talk #2 in a series of how God meets us with Hope in the midst of brokenness. My thesis this week: repentance from sin is a primary way that God meets us in brokenness.

Given that, I felt like I needed to lead into this week with some repenting of my own. I spent a good chunk of time this evening in prayer, repenting of my anxiety, my unbelief, my faithlessness in the face of all that God has done and continues to do for me. Oh Lord, I believe; help me repent of my suicidal un-belief.

No comments: