What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday Grab-Bag

*There are few things in life more gratifying for a UNC basketball fan than to be #1 in the nation...except maybe to be #1 and to have Dook lose not just once (to Virginia Tech--at home, no less) but twice (at Georgia Tech) in one week.

*Some great NFL football on this weekend as the playoffs get really interesting. My stone-cold locks (for entertainment purposes only):
-Bears easily over the Seahawks
, whose luck finally runs out.
-Saints keep marching past the Eagles
, who finally run out of over-achieving gas but have made a great run and proven that Andy Reid is a qualtiy coach who knows how to win. If you're Donovan McNabb, do you want the Eagles to lose to prove that they still need you to win?
-Chargers over the Patriots. Talented Chargers overcome the gritty, playoff savvy Pats.
-Ravens over the Colts. Deep down in my heart of hearts I want a SuperBowl win for Peyton Manning, but the Ravens' defense at home will keep the Colts' offense in check (which didn't look particularly crisp last week) and the Ravens finally have some offense this year.

*My talk last night I think went pretty well. It's tough to start a new semester talking about brokenness, and what I really wanted to do was talk about brokenness just enough to get to Hope and put Hope front and center. I think I managed to do that pretty well and got some good feedback from students. I think being reminded that Hope wins is needed for most of us at some point or another.

*A few recent Piebald Life readers have commented that they wanted to leave comments but didn't have a blogger account and weren't sure how to go about all of it. I don't allow anonymous comments for a couple reasons, the main one being that you get spam advertisements if you allow folks to just leave comments without a blogger account/word verification. But if you'd like to leave comments, it's really easy to set up a blogger account (takes like a minute, literally, and costs nothing). In so doing you can not only leave comments on my blog, but on the 2.5 billion blogs out there in the blogosphere...and if the Spirit so moves and you get tired of my rants, you can use that account to start your own blog.

*Our leadership retreat is this weekend. If you're checking this over the weekend, please do pray for the 70 or so students out at a local camp, seeking to grow as disciples and leaders so that we might more faithfully and thoroughly bless UNC's campus--home of (have I mentioned this already?) the #1 basketball team in all the land.

4 comments:

J. R. Daniel Kirk said...

See what happens? You revel in the fall of your enemy, and down you go to the same foe!

BTW: Professional handicapping might not be your calling. :^0

Royale said...

I put in a link to your blog via mine because, contrary to what you might think, I enjoy yours.

If you want me to remove the link, just leave a comment on mine.

Alex said...

Royale,

I'm honored and humbled by the ultimate blogger's compliment, thank you. I appreciate our interactions in cyberspace and only wish that we might have the opportunity to actually interact over coffee rather than a computer screen.

Royale said...

Sure. Let me know if you're ever in NY. I can't say I make it to NC very often.