What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Tuesday Grab-Bag on Monday Night

It's going to be a busy day tomorrow, so I thought I'd post something tonight before I plunge into a full day.

*A week or two ago I posted some poetry that wasn't so great. If you're interested in some real poetry, check out The Todd Waldo Collection, a book of poetry available for purchase on-line. Todd's a true artist who pushes me to think with his art--as well as laugh. My personal favorite is his poem '70's Child to 70's Child,' which he wrote for me on the occasion of my 30th birthday two years ago. Anytime someone can work in a Smurfs reference in a book of poetry, you know it has to be good.

*There's been a lot of hype about The Gospel of Judas that was just released over the weekend. Christianity Today did a good job of cutting through some of it with this article. Check it out if you're interested in the issues being raised.

*Greatest game show of all time: The Price is Right, no contest. Less geeky than Jeopardy, less random than Wheel of Fortune. An enthralling combination of skill (how much does a Del Monte can of peas cost in California, anyway?), longevity, personality (Rod Roddey, Bob Barker, Barker's Beauties), drama (some serious prizes being awarded every single day, sometimes multiple times a day), and variety of games within the game--Plinko, The Range Game, Hole in One (or Two), the Big Wheel, the Showcase Showdown. I'd play sick just to stay home and watch it from 11 to 12 as a kid. And the beat just keeps going and going and going...

No comments: