What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday Grab-Bag

*I believe. I'm firmly entrenched on the George Mason basketball team bandwagon. If these guys can win this weekend against Florida (a team that they are greatly overmatched against, like they have been for most of the tournament) then I think they can win it all.

*Speaking of basketball (as I am often wont to do) all of Tar Heel nation breathed a sigh of relief yesterday as super-frosh Tyler Hansborough declared that he would come back to play for UNC next year. With Tyler coming and the blue-chip recruits lined up, there will be tons of expectations for this team next year...hopefully they won't wilt underneath them.

*This weekend we're packing up the fam (Davis is doing much better now that he's been off the steroids for a couple of days) and heading down to the Charlotte area to see grandparents and great-grandparents. Zoe has yet to meet my world-famous Oma and Opa, and we've got a fun-filled family extravaganza lined up. A word of warning to those of you young marrieds who have yet to have kids: the grandparent gene is a hidden yet powerful force. When your parents have grandchildren, they become different beings altogether. The same people who used to deny you Cocoa-Puffs and Pop-Tarts for breakfast will now try to ply your children with chocolate at any hour of the day. Which is why your kids will always think your parents are much cooler than you are...and why God made grandparents in the first place.

*Most overrated rock band of all-time: The Rolling Stones. They just are.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

TheDudeAbides said...

*Most overrated rock band of all-time: The Rolling Stones. They just are.

There is more truth in this statement than in anything you have posted to date!! i could not agree more!

Macon said...

I am in absolute, 100% agreement with you on three out of four points. Which technically means I'm in 75% agreement with you, I guess.

And, in closing, let me add: Go GMU!, Go Grandparents! Go not being a big fan of the Stones!