What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Praying as I Go

A couple of months ago my good friend Marshall Benbow linked on his blog to an Itunes download called "Pray-As-You-Go." I've started to download the daily prayer/Scripture reflections and this week it has been particularly beneficial for me.

One day last week the question was posed "what piece of Christ's teaching most astonishes you?" I thought for a second and then realized what it was: his questions.

So I went through the gospel of John and jotted down every question that Jesus asks. Here are a couple that have echoed in my head over the past couple of days:

What do you want?

Do you want to be made well?

How can you believe when you accept glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the one who alone is God?

Why are you looking for an opportunity to kill me?

Why do you not understand who I am?

If I tell you the truth, why do you not believe in me?

Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?

Have I been with you this long...and still you do not know me?

Some good stuff to ponder over the weekend.

No comments: