What I Write About

I write about the infinite number of intersections between every day life and the good news of the God who has come to get us.

Friday, June 06, 2008

Free to a Good Home

One petulant two-year-old girl.

Interested parties must be fluent in all American dialects and variations on the word "no" (i.e. "no." or "no!" or "No." or "No!" or "NO." or "NO!" and the barbaric, richter-registering, prolonged shriek of pure agony).

Interested parties must also be familiar with all variations of general defiance (i.e. "I want to do it all by myself!" or "I want you to do it for me!" or "I don't like that idea!" or "I don't want [insert name of parent in the room] I want [insert name of other parent who is most likely feverishly trying to find some reasonable excuse to be as far away as possible], or "I don't want to do [insert whatever reasonably fun and enjoyable activity that was just recently proposed here, i.e. eating nothing but chocolate for dinner, staying up as late as she might want, or slugging her brother at will]).

TRUTH IN ADVERTISING WARNING: Occasionally this model may display moments of warm and endearing behavior such as using "please" or "thank you" without being asked, sharing generously with a sibling, cuddling up to a parent while reading on the couch, or giving an impromptu hug. Do not be alarmed. These behaviors are normal and they are very, repeat very, sure to pass quickly. In the event that these behaviors do not pass, returns would gladly be accepted.

Contact management if interested

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This cracks me up !!!!! I love it ! Mainly because we are so past that stage now !! If you'd caught me a couple years ago ... I might have been here offering a two for one deal ! ha ha !!